Saturday, June 11, 2011

a short thought about life

5 minutes ago, I borrowed my 20 day old nephew dodong. I tried to test myself if I am capable of taking care oh him on my own for at least an hour.
I brought him inside my room and played music for him while he was staring into space. After about 10 minutes of his baby moves, he started to cry. I tried to quiet him down by some small hand patting on his baby bum.. He stopped crying.
After a short 5 minute of staring again, he began crying louder this time and he was turning red. I wanted to carry him but I am not sure if I can pick him up the proper way without hurting his head.
I realized how delicate this 20 day old life here in front of me. I decided to bring him back to his mom. I failed my test. I did not last an hour.
(dodong staring into space in my room)

After dodong left my room. A thought about life came to me. While we are welcoming the new addition to our family, I cannot stop feeling sad for a high school classmate named Dina.
Dina has been complaining of constant stomach crunches and pain. The doctor found some stones inside her and decided to operate her to remove the stones. When she was operated the doctors found a tumor on her Bile duct. They removed the tumor and had it checked if it was benign or might be alarming for cancer.
Last week the tumor biopsy indicated that it is cancerous. And it has spread through other nearby organs.
Dina is now in the hospital, the family is awaiting for her condition to stabilize before she can start with the chemotherapy.
I learned the sad news 5 days ago. It made me realize that cancer is not just for elderly people but it can hit anyone.
The difficult part of Dina's situation is she just had her first baby last January. Her baby girl is just 5 months old.
Friends, even if you don't personally know Dina, I seek your help in praying for Dina and her family in this trying times.

(Dina on her wedding day )


(Dina and her baby Julliana)
Life can come too easily and it also can go too quickly.
Let's all be happy and celebrate life

No comments: