Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23 2009 a memorable day

March 23 2009. This day would be remembered for the rest of life.

Today is my last day in India. I came to India without expecting anything, all I know is that I need to travel because I cannot think well in China and I need to be in another place to help me gain back myself.
Because I was not expecting anything, it turned out to be a very good travel month. I met a lot of new people from all over the world. I learned some very good insights from the places that I have been to, and most of all I can say that India helped me to forget some things I wanted to forget. ( Hopefully.....)

While I was in Varanasi, I met a Spanish couple who shared to me some techniques to be able to think clearly. They shared the Chinese character "zhong" , meaning center or middle. They told me whenever I feel bad and confuse, just take a deep breath and focus on the word "zhong" and think that I am in the middle of the whole universe. Suddenly, everything would slow down and stop and it will help me clear my mind. I just think from my "zhong" with slow deep breaths and hopefully it will clear my thoughts.

Learning that really inspired me and made me recall a conversation I had with Ken, a very good chinese friend. I told him that I have met many people from different countries, but sometimes I find it really hard to be able to have a very good and deep relationship with chinese people.
He then shared that China in pin yin is written as "Zhong Guo", which literally means middle country. He then continued that some Chinese people learned some virtues from Confucius.
It is about being in the middle. He explained further by citing a relationship as an example. For relationships it is not good to be too intense or to be too cold with somebody. Once a person opened up his or her whole being to someone it destroys the value of the relationship. It is always good to be in between, just in the middle. With this I remembered a book I read titled the Art of War. It states that never lay down all your cards on the table. Once a person knows the real you it would be very easy for that person to destroy you because he/she knows your weaknesses.

Back to my last day in India.
Having learned the value of being in the middle, I decided to go crazy and do a thing that would remind me of China "zhong guo" at the same time will remind me of this whole India trip.
March 23 2009. New Delhi India Connought Place. I had the word Zhong Tattooed on my back.

I know this is a very fast decision for a Tattoo that will last a lifetime.
Right now I am young and the tattoo looks good on my back (though still a little sore). In 50 years time I will be wrinkled and old and I know the tattoo would be ugly and not a good sight to see in my back. But it will never defeat the purpose of reminding me of "Zhong", reminding me of my trip to India and most of all, my tattoo will always remind me that once I was Young, Adventurous and I was not wrinkled.

No comments: