Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mcleod Ganj at last...... I can breathe

Yesterday morning after a 14 hours of really bumpy bus ride from New Delhi I arrived here in Mcleod Ganj. After being used to the "slums" crowded and really polluted places in India, I was surprise to see a quiet, cold and calm place. Mcleod Ganj.
It is really nice to feel comfortably cold again.
Mcleod Ganj is in the northern part of India. It shares part of the Himalayas. It is so pleasing to see part of the snowy mountain while walking in their uphill streets.

I am not planning anything on this India trip. I just feel the place that I visit and decide on how long do I stay in that place. In most places I only stay a night or 2, except for Varanasi which I spent 4 nights just to get to know the place more.
Arriving here at Mcleod Ganj, honestly I want to stay here really long, infact calling Air India and extending my flight has constantly been bugging me.
Aside from the laid back atmosphere here, I have kept myself busy by volunteering in teaching english to some refugees. It is inspiring to teach english to people who really wanted to learn and at the same time listening to their experiences.


Last night, I was thinking of listing down my favorite cities in the world, for sure mcleod ganj wont be on the top list but for sure it will be there.
While I am typing this post, I am really looking forward to 4PM when I will start my volunteer job again....

No comments: