Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I am not a bag

It's a rainy wednesday afternoon. I took a break from work and opened my facebook account. At the home screen, I saw that my sister was tagged in an album.
Note: Once you are tagged in a photo, when people look at your pictures, the photo that you were tagged will appear in your "photos" .
I scanned through the albums, and there wasn't a single photo of her. It was an album of signature branded bags for sale.
Looking at it, It got me into thinking the reasons why we create our facebook profile and how it became a universal website (except in china, where facebook is banned).
Facebook is use to connect with other people.
Facebook is to tell other people of what is happening with our lives now
Facebook is boast to other people of our latest travel pics, to boast to other people of pictures that we look good in. ( most of us even have different albums to arrange our photos).

Now as I scanned through the album where my sister was tagged into. It was purely 127 pictures of different overpriced bags.
When I checked into my sister's profile page, It says that she has 200 photos. When I clicked the photos, they were different photo collections of travel pictures, family pictures and some beach pictures. Since she was tagged in an album full of bags, there were at least 13 pictures of different bags included in her photos.
I wondered if she is okay that she became an overpriced ordinary looking bag in 13 pictures in her profile.

What's worse is that because of a lot of fake designer bags being sold. These albums want to make sure that their bags are "authentic" they also post pictures of the receipts and some helpful logos to attest to the bag's "authenticity".

Now check your profile pictures, you might be a designer bag now, or maybe a korean fashion dress!!!

Just thinking aloud

(This is my sister, turned into Ferragamo)
(she is not fake. Check the logo)

(still not convinced? she was bought in a ferragamo store. look at her receipts)

1 comment:

E said...

well i hope my sibling becomes a designer bag so I could be proud of him and show him off; And if I no longer need him,i could either pawn or sell it on ebay....