Monday, June 21, 2010

Need to write more

This is it.
I am challenging myself to write more.
I will try to set a day, or every sunday of the week to update this blog. Be it something new that I experienced during the week or something that would just spark an interest in me.

Let me share an interesting email I got a few weeks back.
Here goes:
Dear Jp,
I am the Dallas artist who about a year ago contacted you for permission to paint from your photos. I finally got around to posting some paintings on my Facebook page. You can see it in my "Painterly Musings" album. I hope you like it. It is hanging in a Dallas gallery I co-own! I get many nice comments on it, too. I used to do portraits in oils about 25 yrs. ago and this is the first watercolor portrait I've attempted and I hope to do more.

Thank you for allowing me to be inspired by your talents! I also hope you pursue your gifts. You have such sensitivity in your photography!

Sincerely,
Marianne Phelps


(unedited photo taken 2009)

(painting inspired from photo above)
I hope she did justice to my picture. You guys be the judge.

I have added a small feature on this blog called "fishes" . Please take time to feed the fishes, specially the black one. That is ME.

2 comments:

dizzyme said...

This is what I was talking about when I told you you have talent. Be proud! :)

jprainmaker said...

i was thinking more of intellectual talent... I guess i have to deal with it... hehehe kidding
Thanks and enjoy the ride