Monday, January 19, 2009

Now in Pudong Airport

I am catching my breath as I am typing this entry. I just got here in Pudong Airport. In 10 minutes my flight to Xi'an will be called for boarding.
I woke up extra early this morning for I know I have to catch the airport bus from Suzhou to Pudong. My Flight is 11:50 AM I know that If I take the bus at 8:00 am I would be in Pudong at 11:00AM.
When I arrive at the bus terminal, it was before 7:00AM. They told me that the next bus to Pudong will be at 9:00 AM which means that If I wait take that bus, I would definetly will miss my flight, since it will take 3 hours from Suzhou to Pudong Airport.

Suddenly I was swarmed by drivers offering to take me to the airport for a hefty price of 650 rmb! If I take the airport bus it would just cost me 80 rmb.

I told the driver its very expensive. He tried to bargain to 500 rmb.
I called my chinese friends if they can offer some help, Luckily Suench, answered his phone obviously still in bed, he told me he will call their company's rent a car service and provider and will take me to the airport at 300rmb.

He just told me to stay in the station and the rent a car service will pick me up there.

To cut the story short, because my flight is now called for boarding. I got here in the airport just in time. The queue to the check in area was extremely long!

Happy Chinese New Year Everyone

No comments: