Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Much needed travel

I have decided to put an end to being gloomy and on the down side. Lately my days here in China has been nothing but depressing. I go out of my apartment in the morning and go back to my apartment in the evening. Honestly, I am starting to feel very lonely living alone. I have not bought a new computer because of budget constraints. Now I have realized how dependent I am with the internet. I read blogs, news and listen to music and communicate with friends and family back home through the internet. I don't blame myself for being hooked on the internet, it is my source of information and keep me company in a foreign land.

Tonight is my last night in my apartment. This is also another issue, after somebody broke into my apartment and stole my computer, I certainly don't feel safe anymore. I have a current issue with my landlady who is making it very hard for me to get my money back( I have paid for the whole term of my stay here and a month's deposit). It's just so hard for her to return back my money, and always insisting that her apartment is safe and she won't give me back my money since i broke our contract.
She is making it more difficult for me.

Tomorrow I will go to shanghai and get my Indian Visa and I will leave for Mumbai the next day. I booked for Shanghai-Mumbai Feb. 26 and return to china via Delhi to Shanghai on Mar. 24. The whole trip would cover almost a month. I haven't planned anything yet nor have I booked any place to stay. I just read some facts about India and how to get around the whole country by land.

I will try my best to forget about China while I will be there. I have also looked into volunteering to some orphanages in India just to keep me back to on track.

While I was walking today to China post to send some of my things back home. I just realized I need to breath another air. I need to be out of China for a while to appreciate all the things and all the people here. I just need to be in a new environment and a new place that speaks another language and practice a different culture.


I really hope that this much needed travel would bring me back to my old self and appreciate the things that I have rather than linger over spilled milk ( this is from a chinese friend Huangran)

Finishing this entry, I am trying to smile and tell myself: INDIA here I come =)

No comments: