Thursday, March 4, 2010

My slippers

While I was taking a shower, a thought came into me. What is one thing that I always bring with me every time I travel?
Aside from the basic necessities like toothbrush and all the toiletries. I realized it should be my slippers.
Being a person who casually loves to wear slippers everywhere I go, I want to share a simple slipper that has journeyed with me along the way.
2007.
There was a "hype" of the havaianas flip flops in the Philippines. Everyone was just wearing havaianas.
They are brightly colored simple looking flip flops that made an impression to a lot of Filipinos. Because it was very famous, havaianas launched a promotion they call "make your own havaianas" , where buyers can actually create and match different colors of the slippers.
Being hyped up as well, I lined up and match my own havaianas.
I chose an orange sole and a green strap and added a pin of the Philippine flag in the green straps.

That was 3 years ago. Currently there are a lot of flip flops that are available in the market. Havianas are not as famous as they were before.
But despite that, I realized that my designed havaianas has been with me for 3 years and has kept me company a long the way.

Some pictures of my slippers through the years
(my very own slippers lounging the beaches of white island camiguin)

(My slippers was not so useful during the winter 2009 in Korea, and it was not allowed to get inside the house as part of korean culture of leaving slippers outside the house)
(my slippers hanged in my bag for a rough adventure in laos)


( I was not wearing slippers in snowy china, but I kept them handy in my apartment)

(my slippers jumping with me in the angkors of cambodia)
(my slippers getting drunk and tried a pole dance in Pattaya thailand)


(my slippers and I are amazed of our 1st desert experience in Jaisalmer)

Yes. It has been 3 years, my slippers and I are still inseparable. I wear them everyday to work....
Thanks for keeping me company....

No comments: