Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yoville

When we we're young, I shared a room with my 2 brothers. It's a blue room with 3 beds. Here in our house we call it the boy's room.
As we grew older we need more privacy, especially for a person like me, who does not follow a routinary body clock. There are days when I would sleep at 11 pm and there would be times that I would be taking a shower at 1 am and would sometimes play my music at a high volume.

This has cause my brothers, whom I shared my room with to complain because I would be making noise at an unholy hour.

When I came back from China, having adopted to living alone, I asked for my own room.
I was granted to use our spare room to be my own room. My parents thought moving in to my new room would be smooth and breezy as just transferring all my things.

They were shocked when I told them that I have to re do the room and make it at my own design.

First I did was the shower. From the yellow and white tiles, I changed everything to "black and white only" . No other colors can be seen inside my shower except for black and white.

After doing my shower for almost 3 weeks, I started with my room. I wanted my room to have asian and japanese concept. From the original white and grey color with a king size bed, I got rid of the massive bed and changed the room color to red and black.
I modified the bed and made it as a japanese bed, which is typically close to the floor.
I also got rid of most of the stuffs inside the room to have it minimalist concept.
I just want basic things inside my room.
After a month, I was ready to move in to my very own "yoville"






As of this writing, I just finished changing the floors from cold marble to wooden floors to add japanese accent to my room.
Photos will be uploaded next post.

No comments: