Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Backtracking the goodtimes at the bad time

As I am writing this post, I am bloody stressed out now. Pardon me for I have been writing mostly on my downside, thus most of the post are on the negative side.
This time I wanna think of the good times I spent with my high school mates during the past holy Thursday and Friday. I am Backtracking the good times at a bad time.
Since I bade my Bali trip goodbye, I have decided to catch up with my high school mates in the city.
As concrete as I can I wanna share the good times with friends on a two day holiday.
Thursday April 21
After the 3.5 hour drive to the city, I arrived at my friend S's house. When I got there I saw E, K and J. J is the wife of S. A few minutes after I arrived R came in also. K who studied to be a chef, brought her sister with her to prepare for our Japanese inspired dinner.
I enjoyed eating the Sashimi the most. It is one of my favorite food. Nothing beats a sumptuous dinner over good conversation with friends.
(actual photo of our dinner)
After the having one of the best dinners of my life, Our host S and J invited us for a night swimming in their club house pool. Everyone was in the mood for night swimming except for R, who busied herself taking photos. Lapping in the pool was a very good way to release the stress from work. I can still vividly remember, I allowed myself to just float on my back in the water and seeing the night sky filled with stars and wishing that time would stop for me to savor the relaxing feeling of the water and floating while looking at the stars... it was an amazing moment.
(the goggles i used during the lapping)
We did not stop swimming until the life guard on duty informed us that the pool is closing. After washing up we head back to S and J's house. J announced to everyone that as soon as we are ready, she is going to meet us at their music room for some serious heavy drinking and karaoke night. True enough, she prepared Lime and salt for our Tequila shots and I really lost count on the bottles of wine we consumed that night. E and K started off by singing upbeat songs. Slowly as the night progressed everyone seem to loosen up as the alcohol started to sipped in to our system. I even dared myself to sing a song. I don't know if its the 3 straight shots of tequila, I selected this 1965 hit song. Slightly aware of the sound I am making, I decided not to finish the song, comparing my voice to E's semi pro voice and leaving a little dignity to myself.
It was J who first declared that she is a drunk already. E was dancing while drinking to make himself active and not let the alcohol take over his sanity. But the dancing did not help much as he suddenly puked in the kitchen sink while getting some food to eat. After cleaning his mess, without a word, he just declared to everyone that he is going to bed. Sensing that everyone had a bit too much, all of us agreed to call it a night. We all stayed in one room. I can't recall our bedtime because after I change to my sleeping clothes I passed out.
I just remembered waking up because of E's puking sound the morning after.
I looked at everyone it was E and R who were most affected by the hang over as they were alternating themselves puking.
(That's K on the background with our alcohol)
Friday April 22
Nursing a hangover the next day, J prepared warm soup for everyone. It was funny looking at how lanky E has become while eating banana, which is a hangover cure. Our Host reserved the morning for us to hit the beach. Sadly R, gave up and decided to go home to cure her hangover in the comforts of her house. E, despite the non stop puking decided to join us at the beach. We just made sure to get him gatorade as he was dehydrating already from all the throwing up.
On the beach, J, me and a getting better E decided to go for a swim. We even rented a jetski to crash the waves and explore the neighboring beaches.
(getting ready for our jetski ride)
Around 3pm we decided to start packing up to head home. But as we drove towards home, S invited everyone to stop by a newly opened firing range to try out the place. It was a very good experience, missing the target plates at the beginning then slowly learning how to properly aim at the targets. S is a very good teacher. I gained new admiration to those shooters who hit their targets while running, damn its not easy.
(aiming at our targets)
After finishing 2 rounds (200 bullets), we decided to go home. Since our host S and J has prepared so much for us already, I invited everyone for a Korean dinner. So everyone just washed up and changed clothes then we all went to a Korean Resto. Our host is not so familiar with Korean cuisine, I am not a food expert but I love korean food. Good thing K, our food expert is also very good in ordering korean food. I can barely remember the name of the food but it was all good. Thanks to K's ordering skills. We finished dinner at around 8. S and J invited everyone for a relaxing massage at a Spa.
Everyone got the "wholistic massage". Because I was so tired, I slowly dozed off as the attendant was rubbing my back. I was half asleep, and as my eyes close, I can feel my saliva dripping from my mouth... I did not care much, I am here for a relaxation.
(Korean dinner)
After our massage, everyone looked doped with our sloppy eyes. I informed my friends that I going back home early morning to catch up before office opens. Since my home is 3.5 hours drive. I need to get up at 3 am to make it at home at least 6:30 in the morning. We decided to kill the time and end our night with some late night snacks and coffee at starbucks.
We killed the time by reminiscing about the good old days during school and wondering how our other friends are doing. Me not wanting to sleep also had consumed 2 tall size americano to keep me awake until 3am.
Sensing that S is already sleepy, E needs some rest too after the bad hangover. I asked everyone if we can start driving home already. I just have 1 hour to wait before I start to head home.
When we reached home, E automatically fell flat. The couple S and J stayed up with me until 3 am so they can send me off.
I set my phone to alarm at 3am. 2:50 AM I told S and J that I would be heading home now, I don't want my alarm to sound so that I won't disturb E.
They went down with me until I reach my car and start driving.
(bagel and chips at starbucks)
I cancelled my Bali trip for a trip in the city. Looking back, it was a very short bonding time with my friends. The 3.5 hours drive is not easy and knowing that I would be working when I get home. But it was all worth it!

I feel better now

No comments: