Sunday, December 28, 2008

Naomi

When I came to China to study last January, aside from Mark, my classmate and housemate, we have another classmate named Naomi. She is from UK. Though we had a few more classmates from New Zealand and the States, it was the 3 of us who became close. It’s because our ages are not that far from each other, compared to our classmates from New Zealand and US.

I have written something about Mark, and this post about Naomi is way too overdue already.













(few weeks after we all arrive in china Hairstyle no. 1)- winter-spring

Naomi is very independent and thinks and acts with sense. She likes to travel and has traveled fairly a good number of countries already. When we had problems with our visas because of the Olympic issues here in China, all of us had to leave the country. I went to Hong Kong and she went to Thailand.

She then became a great fan of Thailand and has speak highly of that country. One of the reasons why I chose to backpack there last summer. And true enough, I had a blast!!

Unlike before, we see each other almost everyday because of school and after school bottle of beers. Right now, Mark has gone back to Australia. Naomi is still in Suzhou living like a princess but on the opposite side of the city.

Though my apartment and her place is on the opposite ends of Suzhou, from time to time we do occasional dinner or lunch just to catch up.













(one of catch up meetings. Hairstyle no. 2) summer- autumn

This month, we have planned to do Shanghai and just get wasted and stay there for the night. But because of different schedules it barely came to reality. Naomi is spending Christmas and New Year in Japan. I felt bad for always postponing our drinking spree. I offered to go with her in shanghai to catch her flight to Tokyo.

It was interesting that even if we took the late train to shanghai, she managed to cause me to panic because she arrived at the train station very late, that we were the last passengers to get in before they close down the entrance gate. Not to mention the long run in the ramp as our seats are in the carriage number 16!

Anyways, we managed to catch our train and got to Shanghai.












(panic booking for a place to stay in Japan. Hairstyle no. 3) Winter

Looking at panic booking picture, I am reminded that I myself is travelling to Seoul on the last day of the year to celebrate New Year in South Korea. And until now I still have no place to stay. I don't want to be homeless in Korea for the New Year....


No comments: