Monday, December 8, 2008

sumptuous dinner

I just got back home from a very sumptuous dinner. My friends and I, from my part time work decided to have a dinner. They chose Holiday Inn.
I was expecting the usual Chinese dinner, where it is waaaaay different from how we do dinner. Rice is served last and soup maybe served last as well. But to my surprise it was a western style dinner buffet. Looking at the array of food, I tried to recall when was the last time I had a good dinner at a hotel, which we usually do when I was still working at a Bank. With the choices of food, the closest I can compare it to is Cafe Marco at Marco Polo Cebu.
(vicky digging on some ice cream)

I had Japanese for starters, just like how I do it back home. Tried a little bit of everything for the main course. Sweet and Sour pork, Beef with Pepper Sauce, Beef in Tomato and Blue Cheese and a lot more... I lost count of everything ( I am not a good food critique).
Best part they have cuts of beef for steak. Even if I was not sure if the chef understands english, I ordered for steak medium rare....( sluuurrp)
The Dessert was also good. The walnut pie and the pumpkin pie is really good! Because I had too much Walnut pie, I had no room for ice cream already...
(workmates and I looking at the Gingerbread house)






Price? per person is 98rmb($15 or 705php) not bad at all. Considering that they are doing a buy 4 plus 1 promotion. Since there were just four of us, I get the free coupon for next visit...Sweet!

No comments: