Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Year

I got a facebook message from Naomi.

Hey sorry it's taken so long.I made my way to Hiroshima, then went up to Osaka and then Kyoto and now I'm in Mt Fuji. I will make my way up to Tokyo tomorrow :) Yes I am homeless on the 1st Jan, I either need to share a bed with somebody ;) or party all night.
Ohh you're off to Korea tomorrow- how exciting?! I hope your all packed up and ready to go, Facebook me to let me know how's it going.
Take care :)
Lesson learned: It's hard to be homeless in a foreign country. I experienced being homeless for a night in Cambodia, I ended up having to squat in a room of a Belgian girl I met in the bus going to Siem Reap.
Today, I made sure to book a room at least on the 31st evening just to make me settle. From there I will be travelling to nearby cities of Seoul and hopefully bunked in some cheap hostels I can find. Nothing beats an unplanned adventure ;-)

Let me share the details of my 1 night accommodation. Courtesy of hostelbookers.com

Hostel: B and B Morning Calm
Address: Jongnogu Pyeongchangdong 345-89 ,Seoul 110-847, South KoreaTelephone: +82 (0)2-379-1337 / +82-16-229-6966 Email: staykorea@nate.comWebsite: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/south-korea/seoul/8618/Directions: By airport bus : Take an airport bus (at 4A and 10A bus stop) to Plaza Hotel and take a taxi and ask taxi driver to call us on phone. By subway : Take a number 3 line and get off at Gyeongbokgung station or number 5 line and get off at Gwanghwamun station. - see map
Booking Information: Booking Ref: 8618-2762363 - Jxxx xxux xx
Date
Room details
People
Cost (USD)
Total (USD)
Wed 31/12/08
Private Single
1
37.76
37.76

Total
USD 37.76
10% Deposit
USD 3.78
Booking fee
NONE
Total paid*
USD 3.78
Balance**
USD 33.98
*The total paid has been charged at today's USD exchange rate by
XE.com and is non refundable.**Your balance of USD 33.98 is payable on arrival in the local currency at KRW 45000.00Cancellation Policy:You may cancel or amend your booking up to 48 hours before arrival, without cancellation charges. After this time you will be charged for the first nights accommodation.
Recommended Partners:

2008 is the best year so far! I am thankful I took the leap of leaving the comforts of home and family. As usual, I have not booked anything for 2009 yet! Hopefully the adventures continue.

Happy New Year 2009

No comments: