Saturday, November 15, 2008

Friday is Suzhou Day
















Yesterday, I realized that if I am going home for good early next year and my time here in Suzhou is ticking and would be ending soon. ( It would really make me sad)

I have decided that since I am free fridays, I would devout it in exploring and taking pictures of my current home Suzhou.

1st stop: Luzhi Old Town and waterways
Luzhi is an ancient town 25 KM east of Suzhou.
I asked my friend for directions on how to get there. As per her instructions take bus 518 from Guan Jian St. and stop at the last stop. From there navigate your way to the old town.

It was strange because for normal tourist they take a rickshaw from the bus stop, the rickshaw would bring them to the entrance of the old town. Entrance fee 60 Rmb.

I was lucky because I trusted my instincts and instead of taking the rickshaw from the bus stop, I decided to explore the town and walk around. After almost 20 mins of walking without any ancient town in sight, I decided to wait for any rickshaw that would pass by.

After I hailed a rickshaw and haggled for the price to take me to the ancient town, he asked me if I want to buy a ticket, I said NO. He dropped me off at the back side of the ancient town, which is not far from the Luzhi Middle school. From there I explored the town starting from the rear going to the front.

Luzhi Town is a small old town filled with shops, tea houses and tourists of course! They have chinese wooden gandolas rowed by chinese women in costumes.

One interesting thing about Luzhi is that chinese girls would like to have their pictures taken with the ancient town while wearing traditional chinese costumes, which a lot of shops cater to.

Until next friday

No comments: