Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hong kong airport sad feelings

After 6 days in Hong Kong and crossing to Macau with some friends from Uni. It's time for us to part ways, they would be going back to Philly and I would head back to Shanghai. I felt a little homesick leaving because it would mean that party's over and it's back to reality.

I felt more homesick maybe because I know that they would be going home and I would be back to China and alone again.

We booked the same schedule its 11:00 am. Manila for them and Shanghai for me. I was expecting to spend time with my friends in the airport. But unfortunately they were assigned a gate exactly opposite to my assigned gate. It would be very difficult to run to my gate when our flights are gonna be boarding at almost the same time. I decided to just wait for my flight in my gate, I don't want to risk being late. I can't afford to be left by my flight.

While waiting for my flight, I can't help feeling restless and I kept on looking at the flight screens to see whether their flight has boarded already, at the same time imagining the time that I would be going back home too. I pictured my friends would still be in happy mood inside the plane, while I am lost in translation in gate waiting for my flight to board.

I decided to take a photo of the flight screen
Their flight is 5J111 to Manila, while mine is CX... to shanghai
In the picture, our flights were separated by an 11:00 am flight to Paris.

Luckily I chose a very good airline. My homesickness was eased when I was inside because of the airplane food and the airplane entertainment.

No comments: