Sunday, November 30, 2008

Im Thankful for



Last Thursday, we had a thanksgiving dinner. It was a very good chance to take a break from eating chinese foods. The host made sure that all of us would have a good and comfortable dinner. Everything was planned and was carried out very well, we had our seating arranged, our names in our cups and again, very very good food.
Good conversations with friends, as we were about to wrap up the night, the host informed us that as a tradition in their house when they are doing thanksgiving, each one would say what they are thankful for. Wow we were place on the spot!
Our host started with the things that she is thankful for, so on to the next person....
When it was my turn, I was quickly trying to organise my thoughts on what I am thankful for.
I finally said:
I'm thankful for this year. I'm thankful for this opportunity to be in China and the opportunity to travel around in my own way, though I'm looking forward to travel more. I'm thankful for this new experience, even if I'm not sure if I will still be in china next year. And lastly I'm thankful for the sumptuous food and for the people who took time to prepare it.
That was on the spot. But after saying that I realized, that I seldom think of the things that I'm grateful for. I most of the times complain on little things, not realizing that some people would be very happy to trade places with me right now.
And for that Thank You and Belated Happy Thanksgiving


(Video was taken by my italian friend I met when I went to Laos. This is one of the new experiences that I am thankful for...)

No comments: