Sunday, November 2, 2008

where do I write?

Having to travel for more than an hour by bus to work everyday, I make it a point to make use of the travel time. I bring my notebook with me and try my best to write down whatever I can scribble just to help me kill the time.


If I am travelling in the plane I always carry my computer with me so that I can easily turn it on and start collecting my thoughts. This way it helps make the flight bearable.

I don't know why every time I am in a moving car, boat or plane or even train I always get inspired to think well and If I think well I want to write it down. I noticed this when I went to Uni and I have to travel from home for a long time.

Dragon Air/Cathay Pacific
In my previous post I mentioned about my options and fare prices going to Hong Kong.
Dragon/Cathay is the most expensive. Even if it's a little premium over the rest of the airlines, I choose this airline because I know they have good service, good airplane food and individual screens.
Because of these good amenities, my plan to write a blog while in the plane for the 2.5 hours flight was forgotten.

All the time I was glued on the screen watching 1 episode of Grey's Anatomy, Listened to airplane radio station (which by the way has excellent choice of songs whether it be chinese, cantonese, english, indian)


Also one remarkable thing about this airline is that they serve really good food. As the plane ascends, the attendants would hand out menus... How sweet can that be?
The food is really good, not to mention the free drinks and beer I can get. But I chose orange juice since I just had my morning coffee.
And the best part is they are serving dessert... Ice cream..... Haagen- Dazs..... no less





By the way, Grey's Anatomy.
I have been following this series when I was back home. I am no longer updated with the series since I got here in China. While watching Grey's anatomy in the plane, I realized that I kept a very striking line in one of the old episodes of Grey's Anatomy. I just kept in my phone's draft.
Our history is what shapes us, what guides us...
Our history resurfaces time after time after time
So we have to remember:
Sometimes the most important history, is the history we are making today...
This line is an inspiration for me to leave my comfort zone in my old job, and risk and try an adventure here in China.... Hoping to make my His.....story

No comments: