Monday, September 15, 2008

Solo Cafe



















I always prefer to take buses over taxis here in Suzhou. Aside from it's cheaper, it is a way to really simmer myself into the culture of Chinese People. Taking buses and just random walking around town has a lot of benefits. One of which is discovering some unique places in Suzhou.






While walking 1 sunday afternoon, I decided to take the alleys of Siquan Jie instead of taking the main bar street. I passed by a very small coffee shop near one of the "mini bridges" in the alleys. It looks ordinary from the outside, because most of the houses in that areas were designed to look all the same, white facade and the ancient black chinese style roof. I was expecting it to be one of those small coffee shops that doesn't have english menus and no english word spoken. I just decided to try my luck and gave it a try. Surprisingly the Menus are in english, the barista can speak english and the place is really undiscovered and quiet, which is what I always wanted, a place to just read and quiet down.












Solo cafe has a small capacity. maybe max of 20 people can sit comfortably. The choices are limited. They serve just the basic coffee and just cheesecake for those who wants to grab something to eat. The toilet is always clean, the owner is very friendly, they have free wifi access and most of all it's still undiscovered by many people.






Solo cafe is an ideal place to just unwind and quiet down. Apart from the added bonus of the canal view when you peek through their windows.

1 comment:

Sable M. Helvie said...

I'm so glad you took us here! It was really wonderful and made me feel like I was stepping into a portal to Europe. I guess the two people speaking Italian helped with this feeling.