Thursday, September 18, 2008

stress buster


Yesterday was a long day for me. Though I only have to work for half day, I had some obligations to do with my part time job. The fact that I have been having some problems with sleeping the past few days, really made me get tired and groggy so easily.
I went to work in the afternoon with some Chinese colleagues. I had to interview 20 people and check their English level, and assess them accordingly. I thought it would be an easy task to do. But it was not as easy as it seems especially if one has only less than 4 hours of sleep. It was a battle between trying to comprehend what the Chinese person is saying against trying hard not to yawn in front of them.

Finally after2 grueling hours of short interview, I managed to come out alive and still half asleep. The drive back to the office took about 30 minutes, My Chinese colleagues were speaking in Chinese as if I was not there. This is a good thing because I am not in the mood to have some small talks at that time. Maybe they read the “Don’t talk to me” face I am wearing at that time.

When we got to the office, I was suppose to take the bus home to rest in my apartment for a while and come back at 6pm for my part time job. Thinking of the hassle of catching the bus and just taking a nap for less than an hour and going back to work again might not be such a good idea. I decided to just stay in the office and waited until 6pm to do my part time job.

Having to take 2 jobs at a time is not easy at all, but what keep me going are the rewards I would give myself after all these effort and tiresome activity.

I finally got to my apartment at 8:30; I was feeling so tired and just wanting to hit the sack. When I turned on my computer to see who’s on line. My cousin is on and told me that my niece is with her in the room.

The last time I saw Nina in person was 3 months ago when I went home for a 2 week vacation. My cousin showed Nina on Cam. It was such a delight seeing my 1 year old niece on cam doing all her new tricks. From a simple “beautiful eyes” to her “pouting lips” and even just marching and doing the hand salute. It was just amazing, how a young child can take away the stress I felt the whole day and just make me smile and laugh looking at her in the camera looking like a small penguin because of her thick diaper in her pajamas.



I can’t wait to see her again in person. It should be 5 to 6 months from now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel good......

Sable M. Helvie said...

I am the same way about my niece. No matter how bad my day was, if I can see little Azura on skype all my troubles melt away. If only we could feel that way about our students! With 30 in each class, we would always be smiling-- and not that fake smile we put on for class!